Saturday, May 10, 2008

A new kind of pain




You spend half your time trying to get rid of it and the rest of the time trying to style, wash it, straighten it and spray so much stuff on it that it can’t move…..much of this relates to wigs in my case but hey ho. Hair is truly the bane of the modern trannys life. There are various options to eliminate the ‘enemy’ depending on the type and locality of the hair. Some methods are simple and pain free others are for the insane and sectionable.

Options generally come down to:
Shaving, Waxing, Depilatory Creams, ‘Lazer’ treatment, Epilation or just being hairy….So, I have discovered a new kind of pain in the form of my Philips Satinelle Sensitive Epilator

Phillips claim;
‘This Satinelle Super Sensitive epilator uses a double activepain softening system that massages, stretches and relaxes the skin,masking the feel of epilation and reducing the discomfort often associated with it.’

Now there are a big words and generalised statements made within this description, the keywords that initially stand out are: MASSAGES, RELAXES, SOFTENING. The words that you should listen to are: PAIN, STRETCHES, DISCOMFORT oh yes and PAIN.

The fact is that no matter how you wrap it up epilation HURTS. It’s not a cry your eyes out I think I am dying pain. It’s more a ‘Do I have to shave my legs today pain!?!’ However, if you actually stop and think for a moment what that little machine is actually doing, you realise that it jolly well should hurt!



PS this link takes you to the Phillips Epilation website, where the incredible James, aka Karis is the beautiful transsexual model who fronts their advertising campaign, her picture graces this post http://www.satinelle-ice.philips.com/global/

2 comments:

Jess said...

It does get easier.... But for **real** pain wait till you get your fingers or toes lazered....

Louise Gallacher said...

Hey Evie... I've got one of these eplilators as well, so I totally agree with your write up...

once i had bought it i used i relgiously for some months, then I discovered it was so much easier and painless to just shave my legs, got the same result as i used to get with the eplilator and I only shaved the bit that show.

I also used to epilate my chest...ouch!!, then I started to pluck the new ones, and now thats all i do, pluck my chest and shoulders (minor amount hairs)to keep them hair free.

Huggs, Louise
http://lulugallacher.blogspot.com