Friday, January 18, 2008

Boudoir Visit

http://www.theboudoironline.com/


Tuesday 15th January was a big day for Eve, I went to The Boudoir dressing service in London for a full girlie makeover and impromptu photo shoot. It has really taken the last 3 days to properly process all my feelings and emotions about my visit so that I can put something meaningful on the blog.
This was a big day because Eve had never been seen outside the house before, apart from the occasional midnight stroll in summer months, this was the real stepping out of the closet moment for her and in truth I was experiencing genuine trepidation on the drive over to North London where the studio is located.

The Boudoir is a big airy loft-style studio on the third floor of a commercial development and I was met inside by the owner Jodie Lynn, who is actually a stunning looking real girl, beautifully slim with long blond hair and basically the kind of hottie most men would probably consider out of their league. She is however wonderfully down to earth, very genuine and cares deeply about getting her clients look right. She put me completely at ease and because I was only booked in for a 2 hour appointment we pretty much got down to the make up application.

I didn't really have a look in mind, which is a lack of preparation on my part although I felt I had conquered Everest by just walking in through the front doors! So I pointed out a couple of pictures (and there are hundreds) that I liked from photos pinned to the walls of Jodies studio and mumbled how I actually like her own make up.

So on with the slap, Jodie uses theatrical make up which is thickly applied, even though I'd had a good shave before hand, your beard will still show through proper girls foundation so she turns your face a sickly white pallor with the first coats to give a clean slate on which to build. Then it's powders and eye colours.

The whole process takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour, during which Jodie will talk with you about anything, I told her about first dressing in girls clothes when I was very young, how I have kept my crossdressing from the outside world including all previous partners and in turn I found out about Jodies family, her pets and her holiday plans. It was all very informal, and after a while, when the nerves settled, it was actually quite relaxing.

Jodie finishes with lips and eyes, which includes application of false eyelashes. This was quite an experience, mildly uncomfortable at first but they soon feel like your own. Then the Pièce de résistance, the hair piece. I chose a long black wig with highlights, Jodie makes you keep your eyes closed while she teases you new hair into position and then it's the reveal.

You open you new eyes and see a woman, somewhat familiar, but a woman none the less sitting before you. I was actually speechless. I could have cried I was that taken aback. I like to dress up in girlie clothes for many reasons and sometimes feel female to varying degrees, which often depends on a level of arousal, i.e. more aroused = feel more female. If you don't dress you may not get this. Anyway, I have never really actually wanted to be woman, certainly I would never have an operation or even plastic surgery. But now I was looking at who I might be if I was a woman and this made me a whirl of emotions, happy mainly.

Jodie put my hair up while I dressed into my outfit, which I actually preferred, I think I looked sexier with my hair up! Jodie helped me choose what to wear, and helped me get into it as well. I had brought several of my own items with me, including knickers, bra and tights, as well as a few tops and a choice of skirts. It was quite strange standing in front of Jodie in lacy red lingerie but I wanted to see my whole look and I wasn't going to let embarrassment spoil things now.

As well as the Boudoirs wig, I also used one of their corsets and a short black skirt to go with my own top, tights and of course my favorite knee length black boots. My look was finally complete, I was genuinely thrilled and wafted around the studio admiring myself, I couldn't take my eyes off my reflection in their big mirrors, I felt wonderful, sexy, attractive and well, female. I was simply walking on air. Jodie then turned photographer and arranged me into several ladylike poses in front of the Boudoirs famous arched window and took loads of digital photos, the best of which are now on my Flickr page, there is a link to these above my profile.

But before I knew it, my 2 hours were up in what seemed like a flash. I was really gutted to take my make-up off, I could have stayed that way all day and even wanted to go out and party! Reluctantly I undressed and went back to boy mode, every trace of make up was removed and Evie was gone again. I could have cried again!! Talk about getting in touch with your feminine side. Before I left I purchased a CD rom of the pictures Jodie had taken as permanent reminder of my day. I thanked her but in truth I could have hugged her, she is a magician and has probably changed my life forever. Now I am confident about going outside (as long as the make up is good) dressed to the nines as a woman.

I would wholeheartedly recommend The Boudoir to anyone who is tempted to see how they look as a woman, especially closet trannys like me taking their first tentative steps into a bigger wider world. You will not be disappointed.

Next step, Evie goes clubbing in further adventures in crossdressing.....

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed it - just over a year ago, it was me making that first Boudoir visit. It is a special thing, savour it.