Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Let Rip


With a big night at the Way Out Club on Saturday coming up Evie broke down another female bastion and paid a trip to a beauty salon for a wax treatment. I elected to have my back, arms and chest done as I'd already shaved my legs last week, and yes the stubble is back already!!!


The girls at Health and Harmony in Leigh on Sea were brilliant and I will recommend their services to anyone, I for one will be back, after all a girl needs to look her best, plus they do swedish massage, if you have never had this before try it once before you die, it is very relaxing and will help soothe those little niggles and twinges away.


Anyway, onto the ripping and ouch is the best description really, it is not exactly excruciating but definitely uncomfortable as your fuzz is ripped away strip by strip. This could never be a pain free experience but as the saying goes - No Pain no gain and what a gain, smooth silky skin and a chest that I haven't seen since I was ten.


The warm wax application is actually quiet pleasant but it only stays on for seconds before that warming sojourn is interrupted by the sharpness of the strip being pulled quickly off your body, the actual pain is akin to a robust smack from a rubber band. The most painful bits are where the skin is close to a bone, like across your collar bone and the more fleshy bits are less so. I would say the chest area is more painful than your back and 24 hours later my back feels fine but my chest is still slightly tender. Put it this way I haven't worn a bra since.


The process of doing my upper half took and hour and 15 minutes, the young lady who inflicted my ordeal was very charming and very gentle, we chatted through the whole procedure about all kinds of things, she was never judgemental and completely professional throughout. She gently rubbed a soothing lotion into my now hair free torso and that was worth the entrance fee alone, but the actual cost for all her efforts, a mere £30! When I came to pay I actually felt a little embarrassed as I expected a far higher bill, this relatively low cost will however help to keep Evie hair free on a regular basis. I was informed that your hair will thin out over subsequent waxings and that the procedure will become less painful. I will certainly be back and for massage too.


In the event, the look is what you are trying to achieve by going hair free, it certainly helps to give me a more feminine appearance and it has opened up more possibilities with regards to wardrobe choices. RG's often have flesh on display even if it's just the v-neck on a chest and any T-girl wanting to explore her femininity further should probably try it out once.


So, boots purchased, legs shaved, make over arranged with Jodie and unsightly body hair removed. My outfit is prepped, I have a fantastic new brunette wig from Trendco (thanks Michael you are very sweet) so all that remains is to step out into the glare. Evie is ready but is the world? It's the Wayout Club on Sat 2nd Feb, maybe I'll see you there?


No comments: